Traditional recipe management practices used at the retail level have often been based on store-based paper recipe books that weren’t updated on a regular basis, didn’t connect with other store recipe books, and were limited by the type of information available (no multimedia instructions, no current prices or cost information).
Though many retailers still follow the traditional practice, there are recipe management solutions available that offer more quality assurance and help build, track, and maintain legally compliant recipes across the organization. A recipe management software solution helps remove the manual recipe-related process of paper recipe books, and it can help foodservice operators determine if what they think is getting used, actually is.
What are the benefits of a recipe management platform?
- Automatically calculate the costs of all recipes
- Enable compliance with current and future regulations regarding nutrition and labeling requirements
- Replace paper-based recipe cookbooks with digital cookbooks that are updated in real time
- Provide a single standardized solution for vendors to enter their information for you to use within your recipes
With ADC’s Recipe Management solution, recipe data is at your fingertips and takes the hassle out of recipe and ingredient management by allowing fresh food retailers to manage recipes in one centralized location. With the system, any changes made by the owner of the recipe book are distributed in real time to all stores.
With ADC, recipe management has never been easier. The system allows you to:
- Build and maintain recipes
- Create digital cookbooks with multimedia instructions
- Store and maintain ingredient data
- Produce ingredient and allergen statements
- Generate nutritional labels required by the US 2016 Nutritional Labeling and Education Act (NLEA)
- Calculate true recipe cost
Recipe management is just one part of ADC’s fresh item management suite of products that helps improve the profitability and efficiency of retailers’ fresh foods operations.
Request a demo today!
About the Author
Pete Caito has worked in Fresh Item Management (FIM) for 15 years. He is the Senior Vice President of Product at Applied Data Corporation. As part of FIM, Pete has worked to support the transition to SaaS to better serve the Grocery/Convenience Industries by supporting the development of FreshIQ, the next-gen platform for FIM.